We need pipelines to keep the Texas energy boom alive and safely deliver low-cost energy to our homes and businesses. Unfortunately, pipeline opponents are trying to stop critical infrastructure all across Texas – including San Antonio and throughout the Hill Country, where they are encouraging elected officials to oppose the Permian Highway Pipeline.
Pipeline opposition is bad for Texas and bad for San Antonio. We need YOU to let the San Antonio Mayor and City Council know that you support the Permian Highway Pipeline!
Here are some key facts about natural gas and the PHP:
- While low-cost natural gas has helped keep San Antonio power prices low, additional energy infrastructure, like the Permian Highway Pipeline (PHP), is needed to ensure more Texans reap the benefits of the energy boom.
- PHP is expected to directly support 2,500 jobs statewide and provide $42 million in total annual tax revenue to the state and local communities.
- A number of federal and state agencies will be involved with the oversight and approval of the PHP project, requiring extensive environmental assessments. Engineers and environmental specialists developed the best route.
- The pipeline will reduce flaring and methane emissions by increasing takeaway capacity from the Permian.
- The PHP project, and the additional production it will enable, will provide almost $1 billion in additional production tax revenue each year to the state and counties for schools, first responders and other vital needs.
Sign the petition now! https://p2a.co/9NqkqTI