With rural communities accounting for more than half of the State of Texas, the 2018 Texas Rural Challenge will focus on connecting state and federal resources with rural community leaders for its ninth consecutive year. The conference is hosted by the UTSA Institute for Economic Development and attracts hundreds of attendees from 90+ Texas cities. Every year, the Texas Rural Challenge has connected community leaders with agency representatives, which has created prosperous opportunities for development and growth in rural Texas. The public is encouraged to attend and gain insight regarding trending themes facing today’s rural communities, as well as network with state and federal resource partners.
- Texas Rural Challenge, July 16-17
- New Braunfels Civic Center – New Braunfels, TX
- Keynotes will include Texas Secretary of State Rolando B. Pablos and TV personality Chet Garner of The Daytripper.
- Key agencies involved include the Office of the Texas Governor, U.S. Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Texas Workforce Commission, and more.
- $199 Registration per Individual